“World War Profiles: WWII India”


   Anaya Achrya Agarwal

Time & Place: 1940- Bombay, India. 

Birthdate: January 10, 1920

Profession: Nurse 

Favorite food and activities: My favorite dishes are Butter Chicken and Pakora. I really love reading, although not too many people do. 

Family: I have a big family of 8 people. My two sisters, my three brothers, my parents and I.

My regular daily life before War: In my country, India, for the past years has been starting this movement against British rule, so I couldn't say it is completely peacefully nor conflictual. My normal day consists in going to the hospital and help doctors to attend people with health problems. 

Personal reason for enlisting in the World War conflict once it starts:  At the beginning I didn't want to get involved in the conflict, but then I realize that thanks to the War it might be that the economy/ industrialization increase in India and that in a future my family and I could be benefited by that. 

National reason for enlisting in the World War conflict once it starts: I think that World War might have a positive impact in India. I really hope that this War can help us to get rid of the British rule over our country and that we can become independent. 

My world war role: My War profession is medic. I decided this because it's something I am very familiar with it and that helps me to have a better development in the area and also to be helpful for the people of my country that might need medical attention.  




The North African Campaign began in June of 1940

CONFLICT CONTEXT: North Africa, 1940. I'm located in a very conflictual context -The North African Campaign- where I've seen many militaries and boats on fire. Although it's been complicated emotionally (I miss my family and home), fortunately it seems like I'm on the winning side.

TECHNOLOGY: Some of the technologies that have been developed during this War have been booms and missiles. These have had a negative impact because they have killed so many citizens. I personally think that having access to these powerful weapons could have a negative impact in a future because the could be used to cause damage.   


CHANGE vs CONTINUITY: My personal and national reason for joining to the War have not changed although of what I've experienced; I continue having the same perspective of making India a better place in a future. These experiences and the probability of being successful have make me think that all the sacrifices that the nation has done, have and would be worth it.  


VIDEO MESSAGE: 







Comentarios

  1. I like the idea to help your country but aren't you scared of something bad happening?

    ResponderBorrar
  2. Hi, Anaya. I am sad that you have to see all those horrible things, I hope that you can get home again!

    ResponderBorrar
  3. Anaya, it´s really kind of you that you wanna stay there. You are brave.

    ResponderBorrar
  4. Hi I´m Raina Meyer, if I was your family receiving this message, I would feel grateful that you´re ok and I would respond by saying that I´m happy you´re doing good and I hope you return soon.

    ResponderBorrar
  5. Hi, Anaya Achrya Agarwal if I was your family member receiving this message, I would feel sad and proud of you and I would respond by saying that you are very brave!

    ResponderBorrar
  6. Hello Anaya, I know is difficult everything but please let's don't give up. We are gonna win and we will see our family soon.

    ResponderBorrar

Publicar un comentario